Quotes About Books.
1. “A room without books is like a body without a soul.” -- Marcus Tullius Cicero.
2. “When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes.” -- Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus.
3. “Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.” -- Mark Twain.
4. “If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.” -- Oscar Wilde.
5. “There is no friend as loyal as a book.” -- Ernest Hemingway.
6. “A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading.” -- William Styron, Conversations with William Styron.
7. “Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.” -- Author Unknown.
8. “A book is like a garden carried in the pocket.” -- Chinese Proverb.
9. “Books - the best antidote against the marsh-gas of boredom and vacuity.” -- George Steiner.
10. “Books are delightful society. If you go into a room and find it full of books - even without taking them from the shelves they seem to speak to you, to bid you welcome.” -- William Ewart Gladstone.
11. “The reading of all good books is like a conversation with the finest men of past centuries.” -- Rene Descartes (Discours de la Methode, 1637).
- http://www.quotegarden.com/books.html; and